POSITION TITLE: Member Services Coordinator (Contract PT)
GENERAL SUPERVISOR: President, Board of Directors
The Ingersoll District Chamber of Commerce is searching for a candidate who would like to make a difference within the business community!
In this part-time contract position, you will have the opportunity to play a key leadership role in the organization and innovation of programs, products, and services offered through the Ingersoll District Chamber of Commerce. The Member Services Coordinator is responsible for the development, recommendation, and implementation of all Chamber programs, and functions and operates under the general direction of the Ingersoll Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, as well as through the President of the Board.
1) Informs the Board of Directors of any factors or conditions that may affect the Board.
2) Develops, recommends and, following approval, implements policies and plans advancing the objectives of the Chamber relating to their area of responsibility.
3) Is, ex-officio, a member of the Board of Directors and all committees.
4) Attends, prepares, and distributes agenda and meeting minutes for monthly Board meetings.
5) Develops and carries out action necessary to stabilize increase the Chamber’s membership base. Including, building relationships with membership, as well as encouraging membership participation in Chamber events.
6) Promotes direct volunteer involvement in Chamber activities.
7) Conducts the day-to-day operation of the Chamber office in accordance with Board policies and objectives.
8) Searches out, recommends and, following approval, implements programs to benefit the membership.
9) Promotes and furthers the aims and image of the Chamber in the area it serves.
10) Works to increase the Chamber’s funding base through sponsorship and revenues from Chamber events and fundraising activities.
11) Maintains at all times a professional business approach to the Chamber, its office and activities.
12) Maintains effective working relationships with the Board, Members, appropriate government agencies and officials, business leaders, the public and the media.
13) Communicates to the Board assessments of the adequacy and suitability of the operation and services of the Chamber.
14) Provides information to the community regarding the policies, practices, activities and services of the Chamber.
15) Ensures that all Chamber activities are in accordance with all local, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
16) Works with the Office Administrator to maintain the Chamber’s communications programs, including production of a monthly newsletter.
17) Responsible for the collection of receivables from members including membership dues, and event sponsorships.
18) Performs such other duties necessary to maintain the continuity of the Chamber’s operation or as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
Post-secondary education in Business Administration or equivalent experience (5 years minimum)
Experience or education in sales and or promotional activities is considered an asset
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Required to work outside and beyond normal office hours. Use of a personal vehicle is required.
Please send you resume to: email@example.com including your full name, address and contact details.